Counselling & Mentoring
Sharmila is a mentor/coach. Her skills and gifts are in supporting people to overcome their perceived limitation and fears to embrace the unknown. The process is about tapping into the reservoir of potentiality that resides within to accept, trust and believe in your self. Sharmila’s approach to supporting people is governed by her deeper understanding around collective human issues such as pain, suffering, death, loss, endings of relationship that inherently can bring up concerns of sadness, depression, anxiety, helplessness and other various psychological issues. Within this deeper understanding, yet the individual expression of oneself has to be ignited and expressed to live joyfully and meaningfully.
Sharmila’s experiences have been rich and broad; she has worked with people from various social and cultural backgrounds across a range of age groups and people with diverse cultural backgrounds. She has also worked in child protection, aged care, disability support and Lifeline.
Sharmila has trained in the following:
- Affects of early childhood trauma and attachment
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention for Children and Youth in Out Of Home Care Settings
- Issues relating to shame, trauma and the body in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people (LGBTI community)
- The development of patient led approach to the delivery of psychological treatment
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Non-Suicide self injury training
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Domestic Violence Training
Sharmila has degrees in Bachelor of Management and Bachelor of Psychological Science & Psychological Science (Honours). Currently, she is reading for a Masters in Counselling. She has supported people from all walks of life to find peace, joy and contentment and wishes to continue supporting people to tap into their inner wisdom.
Consult Structure and Fees
Initial Consult (70 minutes) – 100
One hour $85
Half and hour – $50
I am also available for phone consults and Skype consults.